As I’ve said before, one reason why I started J & E is because I am quite particular with my suits, and decided that instead of trying to perfect one bought off-the-rack, I’d create my own with my little idiosyncrasies. That’s what we do for clients. Also, working with Hugo Boss and Ralph Lauren gave me a real insight into style and design.
1) Choose your cloth
- Composition : wool, cotton…
- Weight : light, all-year, heavy
- Purpose : work, wedding, casual.
2) Choose your lining
3) Choose your features
- Single/Double breasted
- Button style/number
- Lapel style
- Vent number and depth
- Colour accent on button holes
- Cuffs – working, flash lining detail
- Handstitch detail
- Shoulder expression
- Pocket style
- Belt loops/side adjusters
4) Choose your style – hipster, contemporary, classic…….
- Fit – slim, tailored, classic, 1960s!!!
- Jacket & trouser length
- Waist suppression
- Lapel width
- Hem width
After all of that work in my pleasant office (or yours), our creation is presented to you for the first time within 6 weeks (closer to 4 tbh) for perfecting…then you’ll have a big smile on your wedding day, just like Paul here in his dark blue nail head!